Nieuws:

eTRAVEL CARD via https://etravel.gov.ph

Hoofdmenu

De wet over rook

Gestart door Adriaan, zaterdag 1 maart 2014, 03:25:55

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

Adriaan

Onze achterbuur heeft een groot stuk land en ze laat regelmatig alle dood hout, gras en ander "garden refuse" door iemand die daar door haar gunst mag wonen verbranden. Dit veroorzaakt vaak een geweldige rook die als de wind ongunstig is ook bij ons naar binnen dringt.

Ik heb dus uitgepuzzeld wat de wettelijke situatie is, ook al omdat ze trachtte te argumenteren dat "in de Filipijnen" (en jij domme witneus weet dat natuurlijk niet) het verbranden van huisvuil niet, maar van "garden refuse" wel geoorloofd is.

De desbetreffende bepalingen zijn te vinden in Sect 48.3 van Chapter VI van de Republic Act no.9003 dat het in de open lucht verbranden van "solid waste" verbiedt en sect.49 (b) dat specificeert welke straffen er op overtreding staan. Een apart document dat "the implementation rules" voor deze wet geeft specificeert tenslotte wat er onder "solid waste" verstaan moet worden. Naar mijn mening valt de buurvrouw's tuinafval daar duidelijk onder (ze gebruikt die tuin ook voor vruchtbomen).

Hier is "the letter of the law":

From Republic Act no. 9003 Chapter VI

The following acts are prohibited:

Section 48.3 The open burning of solid waste.

Section 49.b Any person who violates Sect.48, pars (2) and (3) shall, upon conviction, be punished with a fine of not less than Three hundred pesos (P 300.00) but not more than One thousand pesos (p.1,000.00) or imprisonment of not less than one (1) to not more than fifteen (15) days, or both.

From Implementing Rules and Regulations of Republic Act 9003:

"Solid waste" shall refer to all discarded household, commercial waste, non-hazardous institutional, port/harbour and industrial waste, street sweepings, construction debris, agricultural waste, and other non-hazardous/non-toxic solid waste.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ (emphasis added AB)
[/b]

Amice

Gewoon een klacht indienen bj de barangay captain, die zal er voor moeten zorgen dat de wet gehandhaaft wordt.

Ik heb het zelf ook meegemaakt op de compound maar ik gooide er gewoon een emmer water over met de mededeling dat afval verbranden  bij wet verboden is en het gebeurde nadien nooit meer.

Aan dit bericht kunnen geen rechten worden ontleent

Adriaan

Ik zou voor haar vuren vele emmers nodig hebben en in feite kan ik er zelfs niet met een aankomen want ze heeft haar grondgebied op alle mogelijke wijzen afgeschermd en zou me onmiddellijk beschuldigen van "trespass" als ik met mijn emmer op het toneel verscheen.

bananacreek

Dit heeft uitstekend gewerkt bij mij en de apartementen als buren en vooral dat je een zaak kan aanspannen tegen de beambte die NIET zijn werk goed te uitvoer brengt.....dan schrikken ze toch welk even... :lachen: :lachen: :jajaja:

REGISTERED MAIL

Engineer Roger C. Clamono                               Willem Klootzak
Dumaguete City ENRO                                                   P.O. Box  3458888656
City Hall                                                            6200 Dumaguete City
6200 Dumaguete City                                                                     

Dumaguete City, January 15, 2006

Sir,

Several weeks ago I had the honour to call the attention of your good office by filing a complaint against a certain Mr. Lucre E. Catubon, owner of Catubon apartments, lower Beverwijk, Dumaguete City.

Regarding to the foregoing information I requested you thereby kindly to investigate my complaint for the fact that the same Mr. Lucre E. Catubon has been instructing his workers/agents for more than seven months to burn garbage inside a garbage-pit situated at his compound located at lower Beverwijk, Dumaguete City, and additionally I have been requesting you adequately to inform the same Mr. Catubon to refrain from burning his solid waste for such is contrary  with several  laws, rules and regulations,  amid others:

The Dumaguete City Ordinance No. 115, December 29, 1998: "An ordinance establishing an Integrated Solid Waste Management System in Dumaguete City", Article VI, b, and c, and Section 15 (a), (b), and (c) of the same article, and moreover that such actions are likewise  conflicting REP. ACT NO. 9003:

"The Ecological Solid Waste Management Act": Chapter VI, Section 48 and 52.

It may be recalled that I made it very clear to you in my oral complaint, whereby I submitted several pictures of the burning involved, that Mr. Catubon did not just burn dried grass or similar plant based materials but he or his agents set fire to plastics, pillow-cases and other discarded materials, which emit toxic fumes when these materials get burned. Moreover, these materials are many times mixed with "malata" waste which causes a terrible stench and can be smelled at the other side of the party-wall involved.

Moreover, when such materials as mentioned in the foregoing paragraph are set ablaze, aside from the noxious fumes and gasses these products release, those fires likewise emit  small particles of black carbonized material which stick to my laundry hanging at the back of my residence.

Subsequently to the filing of my complaint I learned that allegedly several members of your staff went to the location involved and they claimed later on that they instructed the caretaker of those apartments, or anybody who was in charge at such time, to refrain from burning their solid waste.

It may also be recalled that on every Monday and Wednesday afternoons a Dumaguete City General Services garbage truck is plying the route between Barangays Beverwijk and Brussel to collect thereby "DILI MALATA" household garbage. Likewise on every Friday afternoon a garbage-truck will collect "MALATA" garbage.

That, to my dismay, a few days later found I out that these burnings as described in the foregoing paragraphs continued notwithstanding the fact that I was told by some of  your staff- members that they had given clear instructions to the agents of the same Mr. Catubon to desist from setting his garbage on fire.

Likewise, and for your information, I had a housekeeper who had problems with asthma whenever the wind blew the smoke and fumes from said incinerations  towards my residence.

Subsequently to my findings that the order, as relayed to them by your staff members to the agents of Mr. Catubon  that it is illegal for any private person to burn  solid waste, had deliberately been ignored for whatever reason and subsequently I took several more pictures to your office to illustrate to you yet again that those pictures were taken after the date that Mr. Catubon or his agents were allegedly ordered by your staff-members to desist from their illegal acts.

Nevertheless, at my next visit to your good office you were the one who entertained me and at such instance you gave notice to me that you had a previous conversation with the same Mr. Lucrec E. Catubon during which dialogue he informed you that Klootzak was to strict, and that the Klootzak was allegedly harassing him ever since there had been a previous misunderstanding between the both, namely Mr. Lucrec Catubon and Klootzak.

That a propos the contents of the foregoing paragraph, hence you made a decision  that Mr. Catubon would be allowed to continue burning his garbage as he did before even while you were armed with the knowledge that such is contrary to laws and ordinances with amongst them those mentioned in the third paragraph of this letter complaint.

Nonetheless, if such is indeed the case, and that's the way it looks like because these burnings continue on a regular basis, I would like to emphasize hereby once more that you yourself are as well clearly violating REPUBLIC ACT NO. 9003, : "The Ecological Solid Waste Management Act": Chapter VII, Section 52, b and c,

SEC. 52. Citizens Suits. - For the purposes of enforcing the provisions of this Act or its
implementing rules and regulations, any citizen may file an appropriate civil, criminal or
administrative action in the proper courts/bodies against:
(a) Any person who violates or fails to comply with the provisions of this Act its
implementing rules and regulations; or
(b) The Department or other implementing agencies with respect to orders, rules and
regulations issued inconsistent with this Act; and/or
(c) Any public officer who willfully or grossly neglects the performance of an act
specifically enjoined as a duty by this Act or its implementing rules and regulations; or
abuses his authority in the performance of his duty; or, in any many improperly performs
his duties under this Act or its implementing rules and regulations; Provided, however,
That no suit can be filed until after thirty-day (30) notice has been given to the public
officer and the alleged violator concerned and no appropriate action has been taken
thereon.
The Court shall exempt such action from the payment of filing fees and statements
likewise, upon prima facie showing of the non-enforcement or violation complained of,
exempt the plaintiff from the filing of an injunction bond for the issuance of preliminary
injunction.
In the event that the citizen should prevail, the Court shall award reasonable attorney's
fees, moral damages and litigation costs as appropriate.

Respectfully yours.

Willempie da Klootzak

bananacreek

Ik zou probren om niet een direct confrontation aan te gaan met de personen (buren) involved, maar de ENRO officials zulks laten doen en als noodzakelijk ook nog de city health office.....want dit is een private -en in sommige gevallen een public -nuisance hetgeen een voor de  :smiley-philippines: wet strafbaar feit is........... :jajaja:

En als die ENRO officials de zaak gaan proberen in de doofpot te stoppen dan met Sec.52 naar voren komen en dan willen ze wel .... :lachen: :lachen: :jajaja: (normaal gesproken)

ENRO = Enviromental and National Resources Office

bananacreek

De housekeeper had geen astma maar soms moet je een beetje liegen om het tot eengoed einde te brengen.... :lachen: :lachen: :jajaja: :jajaja: :atyourservice:

bananacreek

Citaat van: Amice op zaterdag  1 maart 2014, 13:17:51
Gewoon een klacht indienen bj de barangay captain, die zal er voor moeten zorgen dat de wet gehandhaaft wordt.

Ik heb het zelf ook meegemaakt op de compound maar ik gooide er gewoon een emmer water over met de mededeling dat afval verbranden  bij wet verboden is en het gebeurde nadien nooit meer.

Ja, natuurlijk is de barangay chairman ook verantwoordelijk om daar iets aan te doen en als die dat niet goed opvolgt dan is section 52 van Rep. Act 9003 ook daar toe te passen naast de eventuele Ombudman procedures.

Ik deed dat vroeger ook met kleine vuurtjes (met de emmer) maar kreeg alleen maar het volgende: "Joe, If you don't like the Philippines you...better go home".......... :lachen: :lachen: :jajaja: :jajaja: :negatief: :negatief:

bananacreek

Citaat van: Adriaan op zaterdag  1 maart 2014, 14:14:16
Ik zou voor haar vuren vele emmers nodig hebben en in feite kan ik er zelfs niet met een aankomen want ze heeft haar grondgebied op alle mogelijke wijzen afgeschermd en zou me onmiddellijk beschuldigen van "trespass" als ik met mijn emmer op het toneel verscheen.

Ifugao

Adriaan kan gewoon iemand met een "local dialect" de Brandweer laten bellen en melding maken van een grote felle uitslaande brand. Komen die het wel oplossen.  :haha:

Baron

:denk:

Moet er toch wel een (minstens een beetje) brand zijn.
Kun je niet over de schutting heen benzine gooien over een meter of tig, en als ze dan vuurtje maken een lucifer over de schutting. dan meteen bellen er is brand.

:jajaja: :applaus: :lachen:
Ik ben heel open: ik verberg niet dat ik iets te verbergen heb.
Mijn bijdragen zijn ter algemene lering en vermaak.
Laat je niet gek maken en maak vooral jezelf niet gek!
Baron, aka ... Baron van Munchhuizen, Baron in Barong, Baron Biero (= grapje).

Adriaan

Bananacreek na de barangay captain is ENRON wschl. de beste kandidaat voor verdere pogingen. Jij schreef o.a. aan ENRON  "that Mr. Catubon did not just burn dried grass or similar plant based materials but he or his agents set fire to plastics, pillow-cases and other discarded materials, which emit toxic fumes when these materials get burned." Begrijp ik hieruit dat jij aanneemt dat die Republic Act 9003 alleen het verbranden van "toxic materials" strafbaar stelt? Dat was het argument van mijn buurvrouw maar uit de "implementing rules" van die wet, waarin o.a. een definitie van "solid waste" wordt gegeven, blijkt dat ook het in de open lucht verbranden van "agricultural waste and other non-hazardous/non-toxic waste" strafbaar wordt gesteld. Naar mijn mening valt tuinafval daar ook onder - zo niet onder "agricultural waste" dan toch in ieder geval onder "other non-hazardous/non-toxic waste". Maar ik had inderdaad graag gewild dat die wet tuinafval met naam en toenaam had genoemd.

Mijn buurvrouw is altijd heel snel met naar de barangay captain lopen en ik voorzie dat ze van hem een uitspraak op dit punt wilt. Afhankelijk daarvan zal ik misschien gedwongen zijn om ENRON te vragen om nadere specificatie. In Australie is het verbranden van gras en ander "garden refuse" in ieder geval wel tegen de "Clean Air Act". Ik weet dat omdat ik me er zelf eens schuldig aan heb gemaakt. Het e.e.a. veroorzaakte veel meer rook dan ik had voorzien en op een tip van een van de buren kwam de brandweer met volledig materieel uitgerukt. Ik kreeg een uitbrander en de waarschuwing dat als het weer zou gebeuren ik een boete van vijfhonderd dollar kon verwachten.

Baron, hier is het waarschuwen van de brandweer geen optie. We wonen aan een nauw laantje (met alleen aan de achterkant het ruime terrein van die brandende buurvrouw) en als die brandweerwagen er al door kan dan wordt die gestuit door een overhangende vruchtboom. Daar heeft een hier wonende Amerikaan al eens een klacht over ingediend (omdat die precies die mogelijkheid voorzag) en de betreffende buur beloofde toen er "na de volgende oogst" iets aan te doen. Maar volgens mijn vrouw draagt die boom het hele jaar door vrucht dus dat is wschl. flauwe kul.

bananacreek

Ja inderdaad kunt u hieromtrent beter even de zaak aan de ENRO voorleggen en advies vragen voordat u met een mond vol tanden bij de barangay captain staat en u wordt uitgelachen door uw buurvrouw maar voor zover ik dacht mag je zelfs geen gras verbranden, maar wie ben ik?

bananacreek

Kijk, en dit is mijn mening..........als uw buurman gras of takken of wat dan ook plantaardig verbrand en de rook daarvan stoort u op wat voor een manier ook dan is dat een NUISANCE

Alleen daarom al kunt u er verder op werken via de Barangay Law enz enz..... :jajaja: :jajaja:

Zie hieronder voor meer uitleg onder 1, 2, 3, 4 en 5

Book 2: Property, Ownership, & Its Modifications
Title VIII. – NUISANCE (n)

Art. 694. A nuisance is any act, omission, establishment, business, condition of property, or anything else which:

(1) Injures or endangers the health or safety of others; or

(2) Annoys or offends the senses; or

(3) Shocks, defies or disregards decency or morality; or

(4) Obstructs or interferes with the free passage of any public highway or street, or any body of water; or

(5) Hinders or impairs the use of property.

Art. 695. Nuisance is either public or private. A public nuisance affects a community or neighborhood or any considerable number of persons, although the extent of the annoyance, danger or damage upon individuals may be unequal. A private nuisance is one that is not included in the foregoing definition.

Art. 696. Every successive owner or possessor of property who fails or refuses to abate a nuisance in that property started by a former owner or possessor is liable therefor in the same manner as the one who created it.

Art. 697. The abatement of a nuisance does not preclude the right of any person injured to recover damages for its past existence.

Art. 698. Lapse of time cannot legalize any nuisance, whether public or private.

Art. 699. The remedies against a public nuisance are:

(1) A prosecution under the Penal Code or any local ordinance: or

(2) A civil action; or

(3) Abatement, without judicial proceedings.

Art. 700. The district health officer shall take care that one or all of the remedies against a public nuisance are availed of.

Art. 701. If a civil action is brought by reason of the maintenance of a public nuisance, such action shall be commenced by the city or municipal mayor.

Art. 702. The district health officer shall determine whether or not abatement, without judicial proceedings, is the best remedy against a public nuisance.

Art. 703. A private person may file an action on account of a public nuisance, if it is specially injurious to himself.

Art. 704. Any private person may abate a public nuisance which is specially injurious to him by removing, or if necessary, by destroying the thing which constitutes the same, without committing a breach of the peace, or doing unnecessary injury. But it is necessary:

(1) That demand be first made upon the owner or possessor of the property to abate the nuisance;

(2) That such demand has been rejected;

(3) That the abatement be approved by the district health officer and executed with the assistance of the local police; and

(4) That the value of the destruction does not exceed three thousand pesos.

Art. 705. The remedies against a private nuisance are:

(1) A civil action; or

(2) Abatement, without judicial proceedings.

Art. 706. Any person injured by a private nuisance may abate it by removing, or if necessary, by destroying the thing which constitutes the nuisance, without committing a breach of the peace or doing unnecessary injury. However, it is indispensable that the procedure for extrajudicial abatement of a public nuisance by a private person be followed.

Art. 707. A private person or a public official extrajudicially abating a nuisance shall be liable for damages:

(1) If he causes unnecessary injury; or

(2) If an alleged nuisance is later declared by the courts to be not a real nuisance.

Adriaan

bananacreek

Citaat van: Adriaan op zondag  2 maart 2014, 11:50:45
Thanks for that Creek.

Altijd welkom......... :hoedjeaf: :hoedjeaf:

Een private nuisance daar zou normaal geen criminal case uitkomen maar een public nuisance daar kan wel een criminal case uitkomen en een private nuisance wordt bijvoorbeeld een public nuisance als in uw geval ook andere buren last hebben van die rook.

En dit staat los van het relevante feit of bladeren enz. enz. dan WEL of NIET verbrand mogen worden.....want het gaat hier in uw geval om de rook die voor u problemen geeft op welke manier dan ook.

Het is aan de tegenpartij om de bewijsvoering te leveren dat de rook NIET bezwarend is voor u en dat wordt zeer moeilijk voor hun zolang u met getuigen op kunt komen draven dat de rook WEL problemen geeft voor u....

Bijvoorbeeld als u aan zou geven dat u asthma of bronchitis heeft of wat dan ook.........., dan is het voor uw buurvrouw om te bewijzen dat u dat NIET heeft.......dus genoeg argumenten om de zaak op een barangay hearing te winnen (als uw buurvrouw tenminste niet de barangay captain en de LUPON uitkoopt en ook dan nog zijn er andere oplossingen zoals direct de city health en/of ENRO.

(Lupon is een groep barangay-councillors die op een later stadium de partijen de gelegenheid gaan geven om eventueel tot een amicable settlement te kunnen komen, zo niet dan kan u voor een "certificate to file action" vragen).

Allereerst gaat uw buurvrouw op zulk een hearing BLUFFEN omdat u toch maar een domme buitenlander bent...maar als dan puntje bij paaltje komt en u heeft uw huiswerk gedaan en u smijt uw argumenten op tafel dan krabbelen ze vaak terug want de kosten en ellende van een eventuele jarenlang durende rechtzaak kan ze van mening doen veranderen en daarbij tevens inachtnemend dat je bij zulk een rechtzaak eventueel een motion voor een "TEMPORARY RESTRAINING ORDER" (TRO) zou kunnen indienen, indien noodzakelijk, waardoor er een verbod zou kunnen komen voor uw buurvrouw om afval in welke vorm dan ook te mogen verbranden (als zulks dan ook wettelijk mogelijk zou zijn) zolang diezelfde zaak bij die rechtbank in behandeling is...tot aan de Supreme Court toe........

bananacreek

Maar let op:

In zulke gevallen komt het vaak voor dat de  :smiley-philippines: kunnen gaan proberen om u uit uw "bunker" (tent) te lokken en zodra u kwaad zou worden en (in hun ogen en oren) "gemene" taal zou gebruiken in bijvoorbeeld een "woedeuitbarsting" dan hebben ze een zeer goede reden om een zaak tegen u aan te spannen voor "grave oral defamation" .of wat dan ook.....enz enz enz....en dat zijn criminal cases maar die zaken moeten dan natuurlijk eerst via de barangay Law behandeld worden.......... :hoedjeaf: :hoedjeaf:

josv

Citaat van: Amice op zaterdag  1 maart 2014, 13:17:51

Ik heb het zelf ook meegemaakt op de compound maar ik gooide er gewoon een emmer water over met de mededeling dat afval verbranden  bij wet verboden is en het gebeurde nadien nooit meer.

Tuurlijk !! Hier 'n keer de electric fan naar buiten gesleept en heel tactiesch opgesteld zodat ie alles weer terug blies. Sindsdien :walla problema  :thumb:

voor de hardhiorende onder ons :

Tuurlijk !! Hier 'n keer de electric fan naar buiten gesleept en heel tactiesch opgesteld zodat ie alles weer terug blies. Sindsdien :walla problema  :thumb:
Het land zal altijd groener zijn aan de andere kant van de heuvel....