Nieuws:

eTRAVEL CARD via https://etravel.gov.ph

Hoofdmenu

6 Cultural Values of the Philippines

Gestart door koy, dinsdag 19 juli 2011, 21:21:52

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

koy

Op internet kwam ik dit tegen, mss leuk om weten/lezen voor hier... (sorry wel in 't Engels)

6 Cultural Values of the Philippines

1.    Irrationalism. This refers to a certain superstitious beliefs of Filipinos that still practiced up to now. People still believed in gods of the nature and spirits and offer them foods and placate the sprits to heal the illness and provide them a good harvest. It is rarely practiced in the urban areas but in rural areas it is a common practice. Filipinos common irrationalism is shown in fatalism or the 'bahala na' syndrome. We always looked upon what fortune can make us. We are the captain of our life so whatever happened in our life depends on the decisions we made. 

2.    Social Belongingness. Filipinos want to be accepted by the group or to the community, so, sometimes Filipinos are doing things just to please somebody. We are not true to ourselves. Sometimes we avoided to be franked to others just not hurt others feelings, because we are so sensitive.

3.    Close family ties. The family is the most important in our life. We are totally dependent with our family. We are doing things for the common good or for the benefits of the family. Children should obey their parents because if they will defy parental advises it will bring misfortune or their life becomes tragic.

4.    Sense of debt gratitude. In Filipino term, it is "utang na loob". We are obliged to do something in return for what others do for us. We are very particular in stressing this owing a debt of gratitude, that's why we are always expecting for repayment. This value has been taken advantage by others especially the politicians. This "utang na loob" may result to faithfulness and a cause for graft and corruption. 

5.    Emphasis on authority. Father is the head of the family; Mayor is the head of the town and whatsoever. We give more emphasis to what the person is. The status of the person depends on his wealth and acquisition of land.
6.    Personal improvement. Most Filipinos are aiming to raise their family in standard living. We believed that we will obtain success only when we will finish our education. Education has played a major role in obtaining success that's why parents would sacrifice themselves just to send their children to school. In return, older brother and sister would help their younger ones to go to school and would not get married until they help their parents.
leven en laten leven...

jaco2702

1)BIJGELOOF----"paniniwala"

...... most of us were raised Catholics. Veels van ons geloof ervan over God en moeten naar de mis elke zondag.
Sommige , geloof nog steeds over "tikbalangs "( human being with a head of a horse) en "manananggal" ( woman flies 12 mn with upper torso).... Meestal hoor je deze verhalen in de rural areas en more frequent during the older days. Maar nu, toen internet bij ons heeft gekomen, gsm, ipod etc..... het is beetje vermindered. En misschien , als je spreek zulke dingen in de stad, zij treken daar niet zo veel meer aan.

2)SOCIAAL BIJHORENDE:

Advantages

-Lessen arguments , meer kamaraderie, en vraag hulp en zij kunnen u helpen in their own little way.              

Disadvantages

- Loaning money : some of them will not pay you back. The moment u will ask them, they might disappear or create a scene. Loaning money in order that they can have a party and invite people and neighbors. Eerlijk te zeggen, ik ben daar ook beschaamd met zulke personaliteit van mijn eigen mensen.

3)FAMILY Hechtenis and 4) DANKBAARHEID:

Wij waren in deze wereld uitgebracht en wij moeten onze ouders bedanken van onze leven en eten die heeft ons gegeven. Sommige zijn juist en meestal van ons hebben een hechte band met zijne ouders. Dus , meestal filippijnse dat zijn hier in de Western voelen zich  verplicht om naar haat ouders geld te geven vooral eten en medicijnen. But in my case, I dont really do such thing.....dat heeft a min en plus. Plus :  mijn broer heeft werk en ik heb dat duidelijk gemaakt dat ik moet mijn ouders niet ALLEEN onderhouden. Min points: sommige filippijnse dachten dat ik egoistic bent. Ik ben gewoon eerlijk dat ik kan niet mijn familie hier opofferren voor hen. Sadly to say, some filipinas does. Im not here to judge them, its their right and its their choice.

5)GEZAG :

Ja, dat klopt onze vader is de "head of the family " en wij moeten naar hem goed luisteren zelf als he is "Tyrant of Lasinggero." Want hij is nog steeds onze vader sad to say...........en voor de ouder broer "KUYA" en ouder zus " ATE. Meestal van ons zijn die. Meer respect voor de oude mensen want als je dat niet doen KARMA comes. I dont really believe in such crap.For me, you gain respect if you deserve to be respected simple as that.

And before i forget,BAHALA NA SYSTEM  is"Come what may" Leave it to God. Even me as a pinay, I condemn this notion. and CRAB MENTALITY, they will really drag you down if you are successful.

Maar niet iedereen zijn die. And sad to say we are stereotyped. Ik ben tevreden voor de mensen dat heeft de ware gevonden. And I do feel sorry and ashamed that some of my fellowmen really dares to take advantage of other people.

Mijn nederlands is niet volmaakt, sowiiii!!!!!! :crazy:

jaco's vrouw :thankyoufw5:

koy

thanks for jouw verhelderrende comments Jaco's wife  :kusxe8:
leven en laten leven...