Hoofdmenu

ACR Card - Intramuros Manila

Gestart door Priba, dinsdag 23 augustus 2011, 02:28:39

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

Priba

Goed nieuws voor de ACR-Card houders  :thumb: :thumb:
Aliens to get cards by courier
Published : Saturday, June 16, 2012 00:00
SOON, foreigners applying for visa at the Bureau of Immigration (BI) need no longer go to the agency's offices to claim their alien certificate of registration-identity card (ACR-I-Card).

This was learned from Atty. Ma. Antonette Mangrobang, BI spokesperson and intelligence chief, who said that under the revised rules on the processing and issuance of the ACR-I-Cards, all such cards printed and released for distribution shall be endorsed to a courier that shall deliver the cards to the visa applicants within 24 hours.

The new procedure will be operational as soon as the BI has identified, selected and engaged the services of a reliable, reputable and cost-effective courier provider, she said, adding that a supplemental memorandum will be issued to formalize the operation of the courier delivery system for the ACR-I-Card.

The guidelines state that the cards shall be delivered to the residential address stated by the applicant in his or her application form.

The courier system, she said, was introduced as part of the BI's continuing efforts to improve its services, thus making it more convenient for foreigners to visit and do business in the country, and such will be employed for the other types of immigration documents, such as clearances and exit permits, so that foreigners need no longer go to their offices and line up to secure their papers.

With the new system, Mangrobang said the crowd of people transacting at the ground floor of the BI main building in Intramuros, Manila, many of whom go there to claim or follow up their ACR-I-Card application, will now be lessened.

A foreigner who was issued an immigrant or non-immigrant visa by the BI should register with the bureau's alien registration division (ARD) and apply for an ACR-I-Card to perfect his resident status in the Philippines. Itchie G. Cabayan