* Do you remember the singing Nina & Frederik from Danmark?

Gestart door danvangent, maandag 8 juni 2009, 19:54:04

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

danvangent

NINA & FREDERIK van Pallandt

Most Americans have no idea who Nina and Frederik were. We only know of Nina van Pallandt because of her involvement with Clifford Irving at the time of the Howard Hughes autobiography hoax, and the movies she appeared in after that. It's interesting to see and hear her and husband Frederik in their earlier folk-singing days. Besides being good singers, they were both gorgeous to look at!

Frederik van Pallandt was Danish. He and wife Nina were a popular folk and calypso singing duo in Europe in the 1960s. Remember "Sipping Cider", Norwegian Woods" and "Listen to the Ocean".
They divorced in 1975.

Nina became world famous in 1972 after hooking up with writer Clifford Irving, who tried to palm off a faked "as-told-to" autobiography of Howard Hughes. Turned out that, at the time Irving claimed he was having secret meetings with the reclusive billionaire, he was really in Mexico with this Danish chick.

Frederik remarried in 1976. He and his second wife were murdered on their boat in the Philippines 1994 in an apparent piracy attempt, though it could have been the work of a drug cartel that Frederik may have been involved with.
I would think that, in this case, asinine comments are appropriate!

Check You-Tube for their songs and music... and enjoy!!!

Danvangent.

antzan

Yes , i [ 68 yr. ]  remember ,
it was nice music , but i did not know about
the life and dying of this couple .
antzan
Foodmaster