Top 10 Most Stupid Things About Philippines

Gestart door Mawibata, zondag 28 juli 2013, 15:14:15

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

Mawibata

Ik heb het maar onder cultuur geplaatst    :weetikniet:   :lachen:

1. SM Mall security checks. The pseudo-frisk at the waist line and dip of their stick in your bag.

2. PLDT, enough said.

3. Water pressure

4. Power lines and posts

5. Customer service of any kind

6. Honoring warranties (or rather, NOT)

7. Filipino drivers, enough said again.

8. Serving of food at restaurants: Main courses served before appetizers, asking to order dessert before you've even been served your main course, only 1 or 2 ice cubes in your beverage, or glass with ice and ice is half melted, dishes come out one at a time and randomly over the course of your stay instead of all at once like the rest of the world.

9. Getting your Filipino employee to actually do the job he was hired to do.

10. Traffic officers standing in the middle of a straight highway, not at any intersection, waving cars in the only possible direction they can possibly go anyway. But 200 meters away there's an intersection that is all fucked up and uncontrolled.

Bron  : 

Giving a gift engenders gratitude. Giving many gifts engenders expectation.

Ronny55

Citaat van: Mawibata op zondag 28 juli 2013, 15:14:15

1. SM Mall security checks. The pseudo-frisk at the waist line and dip of their stick in your bag.

2. PLDT, enough said.

3. Water pressure

4. Power lines and posts

8. Serving of food at restaurants: Main courses served before appetizers, asking to order dessert before you've even been served your main course, only 1 or 2 ice cubes in your beverage, or glass with ice and ice is half melted, dishes come out one at a time and randomly over the course of your stay instead of all at once like the rest of the world.

10. Traffic officers standing in the middle of a straight highway, not at any intersection, waving cars in the only possible direction they can possibly go anyway. But 200 meters away there's an intersection that is all fucked up and uncontrolled.

Bron  : 

Waarschijnlijk een Amerikaans blog, Kan me echt geen andere snullen indenken die zoiets schrijven .

Ook typisch amerikaans om hun achterlijkheid te verbergen door anderen door het slijk te trekken.

Het beetje respect(als er dat al was) voor de ammie's is nu helemaal weg.

Vraag me af waarom die kerel hier blijft.....

Kan ook een lijstje maken wat me aan de Usa stoord .....maar vrees dat het veeeeeel langer zal zijn dat 10 punten.

Alles gaat, zelfs kiekens gaan en die hebben hun knieën vanachter .
Het komt er niet op aan WAT je kent maar WIE je kent.

mike-bel

hier kan je lezen wie de auteur is...
http://philippinefailblog.com/about-me/

in feite moet ge niet zo ver zoeken om (d)ergelijke verhalen te horen over de Filipijnen en alles wat erbij hoort,

het forum hier staat "bol" van zulke opmerkingen en critisism, verwoord door belgen en nederlanders  :hoedjeaf:

huisman45

Citaat van: mike-bel op maandag 29 juli 2013, 07:42:20
hier kan je lezen wie de auteur is...
http://philippinefailblog.com/about-me/

in feite moet ge niet zo ver zoeken om (d)ergelijke verhalen te horen over de Filipijnen en alles wat erbij hoort,

het forum hier staat "bol" van zulke opmerkingen en critisism, verwoord door belgen en nederlanders  :hoedjeaf:

Klopt en dan krijg je ook hel en verdoemenis over je heen  :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:
want och je zegt de waarheid en dat kunnen de zere zieltjes niet aan.
Hoop dat ik nu weer niet iemand heb beledigt . :happy: :happy: :happy:
Hier adem ik vrij en ben gelukkig

LMBen

Upholding 'rule of law' in the Philippines is a complicated, labour-intensive exercise. Take the tony enclave of Rockwell in Makati City. It's got expensive zebra-striped pedestrian lanes painted across most of where its nicely-paved streets intersect. These markings give the impression to someone who does not know of the way things are in the Philippines that she can cross the street assured that approaching motorists will stop to make way for her. But then, as most island Filipinos know, that is not the way things are in the Philippines. Lane markings on Manila's streets are really all just decorations. They give a nice "modern" look to Rockwell, for example, something desperately needed to justify the stratospheric property prices there.

A foreigner from Sweden, for example, who finds herself in Manila (on business, presumably) with her kids will appreciate the importance of briefing them carefully to ensure they are fully-aware of the way things are in the Philippines; specifically that pedestrian lanes are of no consequence to the average Filipino motorist. Commanders of the private security army of the principality of Rockwell are fully aware of this. You can see their troopers posted on most intersections there to ensure none of the many foreigners who inhabit the enclave naïvely step onto a zebra-striped lane thinking that these markings are normally honoured in the former US colony.

Having to tell your kids not to trust zebra striped lane markings in the Philippines after they had been raised in places where things generally make sense can be a bit complicated. As kids do, they will ask Why?
And in the course of such a hypothetical dialogue on pedestrian lanes with a particularly cluey nine-year-old, the question will eventually come to this: Why paint them to begin with if they aren't followed?

City ordinances on the use of road markings are among the simplest of guidelines. But in the Philippines, even the simplest guidelines are not followed. In this light, it is easy to see why the Philippines simply cannot progress.

There is very little evidence that Filipinos are capable of living by
the "rule of law". The society is quite extraordinary in the sense that
simple rules and regulations whether on the road or in the work place
are for the most part ignored. This is because each individual has this
baseless sense of being more important than everybody else. It is why
you see people cutting you off on highway lanes on the road or pushing
their way in lines ahead of the rest in a queue. In other words,
Filipinos in general tend to put their own interest first before other
people.

One would think that ingraining the concept of the rule of law has to begin in each Filipino household. But as the Rockwell anecdote shows, even foreigners need to adopt a mindset of not trusting Filipino laws if they are to survive their tours of duty in the Philippines

It is a matter of survival when crossing the street for a Swedish businessperson in the same way that it is a matter of survival for an enormous sector of Filipino humanity – squatters. In this sense, Fililipino squatters and Swedish business persons living in Rockwell are really not that different. For both, taking Philippine law with a grain of salt is a conscious life-and-death decision.

So, yeah, flouting the law is an act of desperation for both foreign and Filipino residents of the Philippines. A desperation to get on with meaningful life is something Philippine law and the way it is (or is not) enforced is simply not in strategic alignment with.  Following traffic laws on Manila's streets, for example, will certainly not get you home in time for dinner. Trusting a zebra-striped lane in Rockwell might not get you across the street in once piece. Observing property laws, many have been assured, will not make life for them a fair proposition.

Desperation, indeed, is a good excuse for Filipinos to violate the law.

Got nothing to eat for dinner tonight? Just prove how desperate you were when you stuck an icepick through your pal's liver for a share of his day's pay, and you might just be awarded a nice Get-Out-of-Jail pass if you make your appeal within earshot of the right politician.

That's Da Pinoy way. Righteousness-by-desperation is a national philosophy. Indeed, playing the desperation card is favourite campaign fodder for Filipino politicians. It gets them the votes. It makes them look concerned about their constituents', well, desperate plight.

To understand, then, the innocent elegance of a child's question on pedestrian lanes, – why paint them to begin with?
– is to understand the unique nature of Filipinos' apathy to their own laws. Indeed, the Philippines' is a society of modern laws applied to primitive people. It's sort of like toilet training a dog – an exercise of trying to change one species' way of life to suit the way of life of
its masters' species. It can be done. But you need to be creative and understand how dogs think.

Related Posts:
Is Philippine Standard Time truly the solution to Filipino...
Metro Manila's EDSA: laboratory of Filipino...
Robert Carabuena versus the MMDA: Who's gonna win?
Filipinos cannot progress if they cannot follow even simple...
Overcoming idiotic Filipino drivers: Three tips for...
Na 8jaar philipijnen weer terug europa

Ronny55

Citaat van: huisman45 op maandag 29 juli 2013, 07:52:41

Klopt en dan krijg je ook hel en verdoemenis over je heen  :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:
want och je zegt de waarheid en dat kunnen de zere zieltjes niet aan.
Hoop dat ik nu weer niet iemand heb beledigt . :happy: :happy: :happy:
Inderdaad, heb ook wel veel dingen waar ik me aan erger maar de manier waarop het daar gebracht wordt stoord me een beetje....
Mijn punt was wel dat er me veel meer dingen aan de Usa of Europa storen dan aan de  :smiley-philippines: De balans tussen positief en negatief helt hier nog steeds naar positief , daar waar het in  :eu: meer en meer naar negatief helt.....Dat is dus wel mijn mening....bijt nu mijn neus maar niet af  :lachen: :lachen:

Wees gerust, was dat niet zo dan zat ik hier niet.

yepyep

Citaat van: Mawibata op zondag 28 juli 2013, 15:14:15

:negatief: - gezien de terreur dreiging en bom aanslagen in het verleden, een goede zaak.

2. PLDT, enough said.
:negatief: - geen ervaring mee.

3. Water pressure
:negatief: - ik heb een goede waterpressure

4. Power lines and posts
:thumb: - een zooitje

:negatief: - de service is beter dan een gemiddeld EU land.

:thumb:- altijd van korte duur

:thumb: - vooral de bus chauffeurs

:thumb: - klopt, maar ook vaak niet

:thumb: - je moet ze goed sturen

Meestal staan ze wel op het kruispunt

Bron  : 

Mawibata

Citaat van: Ronny55 op maandag 29 juli 2013, 05:25:38

Waarschijnlijk een Amerikaans blog, Kan me echt geen andere snullen indenken die zoiets schrijven .

Ook typisch amerikaans om hun achterlijkheid te verbergen door anderen door het slijk te trekken.

Kan ook een lijstje maken wat me aan de Usa stoord .....maar vrees dat het veeeeeel langer zal zijn dat 10 punten.

Over de schrijver  :

I am also a Filipino by nationality. So how can I be racist? I am just doing what the natives of my origins are NOT doing: Recognizing the stupidity and ignorance and expressing my anger and frustration with it (add a touch of embarrassment to be a Filipino as well. The most embarrassing thing is this idiotic "Filipino Pride" bullshit. WHAT THE FUCK DO WE HAVE TO BE PROUD OF???) But I was not raised in Philippines. I grew up in USA and came here at age 38 (Thank goodness!!!!).

Giving a gift engenders gratitude. Giving many gifts engenders expectation.

Ronny55

Citaat van: Mawibata op woensdag 31 juli 2013, 09:37:46
Citaat van: Ronny55 op maandag 29 juli 2013, 05:25:38

Over de schrijver  :

I am also a Filipino by nationality. So how can I be racist? I am just doing what the natives of my origins are NOT doing: Recognizing the stupidity and ignorance and expressing my anger and frustration with it (add a touch of embarrassment to be a Filipino as well. The most embarrassing thing is this idiotic "Filipino Pride" bullshit. WHAT THE FUCK DO WE HAVE TO BE PROUD OF???) But I was not raised in Philippines. I grew up in USA and came here at age 38 (Thank goodness!!!!).

Jaja heb dat wel meegekregen ....maar in de usa grootgebracht zegt genoeg , dat zijn de ergste....( een btje als ex-roker de grootste criticasters worden van de rokers)   :ikkeniebegrijp: maar waarom komt ie in godscristus naam dan terug... :confused2: hebben ze hem het land uitgezet of wat  :weetikniet:

josv

Citaat van: Ronny55 op vrijdag  2 augustus 2013, 05:23:54

Jaja heb dat wel meegekregen ....maar in de usa grootgebracht zegt genoeg , dat zijn de ergste....( een btje als ex-roker de grootste criticasters worden van de rokers)   :ikkeniebegrijp: maar waarom komt ie in godscristus naam dan terug... :confused2: hebben ze hem het land uitgezet of wat  :weetikniet:

Tja, hij heeft al net zo'n bord voor z'n kop ( incl. oogkleppen ) als z'n landgenoten als je als pinoy over dat soort flutdingetjes valt !
Het land zal altijd groener zijn aan de andere kant van de heuvel....