Blood needed for Johan Akse A negative.

Gestart door Kano, zaterdag 9 april 2011, 12:39:36

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

Kano

Hi all,

Johan Akse, the Dutch Guy, will have his 3rd Operation on his broken Hip on coming Monday(April 11)
at Chong Hua Hospital Cebu....he was admitted today (Room B736)...I was with him to donate Blood like
I have done it for his first Operation at South Gen Naga last Dec.2010...unfortunately I had 140/100 BP
coz I had to stop my Medication for my HighBlood in order to donate...they didn't allow me to donate coz
the Limit is 140/90 in Chong Hua....

so, Johan need 2 Blood Units A negativ for his Operation on coming Monday...
whoever is willing or able to donate, pls. contact his Girlfriend, Darlyn,
0935 921 1293

SOS Philippines

Daar waar de regenboog eindigt daar zal ik nooit komen totdat ik daar ooit zal zijn

dolfijn76

Een domme vraag misschien maar kennen ze in de Filippijnen dan geen bloedbanken?

Luc

"So why the big hoo-ha about negative donors in Asia? The Caucasian (white) population averages about a 15 -25 % negative blood group type. The Asian population averages about 5%. So, if you are a bleeding Caucasian (with a negative blood type), in an Asian country, you are in trouble."

http://www.baliadvertiser.biz/articles/paradise/2002/negative.html
There is a sucker born every minute! Only now they found the internet.

JFK

Op een ander forum heb ik hetzelfde als hieronder zojuist gepost.
Lees hier nu in de link van Luc interessante dingen. Ook dat ik als 66-jarige dus eigenlijk niet meer geschikt zou zijn voor bloed donatie.
Heeft men mij in het ziekenhuis hier nooit verteld:

Ik heb A-neg maar heb pas 3 weken geleden bloed gegeven voor een spoedgeval hier in Dumaguete.

Ik vraag me af of men (ik bedoel: een ziekenhuis hier) automatisch ook eerst alle andere ziekenhuizen in het land benaderd met de vraag of daar bloed van de gewenste bloedgroep voorradig is.
Ik hoorde in mijn geval later dat de bloeding van de patient waarvoor ik bloed gaf was gestopt (en men dus mogelijk minder bloed heeft hoeven toe te dienen).
Het lijkt me slecht geregeld te zijn. Ik ben de laatste 2 jaar nu 3 keer bij bloeddonatie betrokken geweest en het ging altijd zeer amateuristisch en met een grote mate van onbetrokkenheid van de kant van de ziekenhuizen.
Relaties van de patient moeten in de meeste gevallen maar zorgen dat het juiste bloed voorradig komt ipv dat een centrale instantie dat doet die toegang heeft tot een bloed donor overzicht.
Misschien een goed idee om als forum een initiatief te nemen:
Forum leden vermelden (als ze daartoe bereid zijn) hun naam, adres, telefoon nr. en andere benodigde gegevens op een speciale "Bloeddonor-post" zodat leden (en niet-leden) hier gebruik van kunnen maken.
Ik besef dat hieraan bepaalde risiko's zitten maar die wegen m.i. niet op tegen de voordelen.
Voor mezelf (met een hier behoorlijk zeldzame bloedgroep) zou het ook nuttig zijn mocht ik zelf bloed nodig hebben.
JFKJFK

Kano

John, de organisatie van bloed is ook naar mijn indruk slecht geregeld. Ter illustratie een berichtje dat staat op SOS Philippines:

Let me tell you what happen today in the Hospital.
I contacted the Person mentioned in your message, telling them i will go to said Hospital to donate Blood. I am a B+ Donor verified in Chong Hua and Cebu Docs.
I met the Wife of Mark? at the Entrance and we went to Ward 6 to finalize the Procedure. We where then told to go down to the Lab for Screening etc. from there i was send then to the Office of the Red Cross on Osmena Blvd. explaining to the Woman on Duty regarding my Appearance i was told the are:
1. need a Request for Blood issued by the Attend. Dr.
2. The are NOT accepting Donors as long as the have Blood available.
3. That there is NO way to donate Blood since it was Sunday and if i shall come back on Monday.
But first i have to get the Request for Blood.
Back in the Ward i asked the Nurse on Duty to see the Doctor in charge. I was been told she is off duty. Upon me Insisting the where looking for a Dr. who could sign the required Request.
It took only 2 hours to locate the Dr. She signed for 3 Units , just in case.
Back to PRC i was then finally informed that the are NOT accepting any Donor as replacement. If given it has nothing to do with the Person who was looking for Donors.
A talk with Mark revealed that one Donor already had left the Hospital, totally embarrassed.
I think its "High Time" to make such an Attitude public, since its not the People who can afford to pay for Blood Units. Its the common People who have no other choice to seek help in a Government run Hospital.
Working for many years as a Firefighter and Paramedic i am totally disgusted especially with the PRC.

John kijk eens naar de groep SOS Philippines, misschien is het een idee om daarbij aan te sluiten http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SOS_Philippines/  Ik zie in de database van de groep dat er al twee NL zich hebben aangemeld.  Men heeft ook een lijstje van leden die bedragen beschikbaar stellen  voor noodgevallen.

Daar waar de regenboog eindigt daar zal ik nooit komen totdat ik daar ooit zal zijn

Kano

Kano

Nadere illustratie van de werkwijze van Chong Hua Hospital bij bloeddonatie als gepubliceerd op SOS Philippines:

Notes:

1) There is a 60yr age limit for blood donors at Chong Hua (CH). Apparently the only entity able to approve more elderly donors is the "Head of Admin" It took
two hours of shuffling around before the request was passed on to the required party and a further 30 min to get the approval. A 30 min delay for the approval
may be quite reasonable, especially considering it was a Sunday afternoon, but the earlier delay was very frustrating. Two hours of my life completely wasted
because of inefficiency at CH. Time is very precious. It should never have happened!

2) Chong Hua personnel stated that:

- a Certificate of Fitness (CoF) to donate blood was required.
- the certificate must come from a physician outside the hospital
- that was supposed to mean "own doctor" who knows medical history
- the medical exam should include all necessary tests
- a list of these "necessary tests" was not available
- if any required tests were lacking then Chong Hua would do them.

3) Always liaise with the nurses station (NS) as a first step
- cannot donate without a donor request from the NS.
- check with NS for any other requirements, information.

4) Blood Bank (BB) personnel required Blood Pressure (BP) to be entered on a consent form but did not have any means to test BP (no sphygmamonameter).
Presumably it would be copied from the CoF which I did not have. In this situation ask Emergency Room (ER) personnel to check BP and get it entered on any "vital Signs" form before going to the BB.

5) Apparently, it is fairly common that potential donors are asked to produce a CoF. Therefore, CH should have request forms readily available at the nurses stations which state:

- name of hospital
- name of attending physician
- name of donor
- name of patient
- required blood type
- when required
- request to physician to perform specified tests for purpose to show fitness to donate (or otherwise) and issue an appropriate. certificate.
- The certificate should always indicate height, weight and BP.

The nurse in charge should have authority to immediately sign these forms and give them to any potential donors whom CH requires to produce a CoF (Why Not?)

I found the lack of any such forms or written information to be a very poor gap in CH procedures . . . shows lack of forethought, lack of care about welfare of potential donors and insufficient consideration for smooth operation (when will all this change?)

6) In my case, I did not have a CoF, but my previous donor history (especially that I was a previous donor to same patient), my current "vital signs" and the fact that no other A Neg donor was available were considered and eventually accepted as sufficient.

One strange "obstacle" that cropped up was my lack of health insurance to cover being a donor in Cebu . . . I thought that was just a "red-herring" Sure I have life insurance and I have a world-wide policy that covers accident and sickness whilst traveling, but I must be at least 150 Km away from my home base. Anyway,
the patient undertook to cover any related costs on my behalf at CH. I have found it quite difficult (impossible?) for over-sixties to get full health insurance in the Philippines at reasonable cost . . . It seems that CH never wants to stick a needle in anyone who does not have health insurance . . CH philosophy / policy is more money-centered rather than care-centered - lacking humanitarian spirit (?), which, by contrast of course, donors have plenty of . .

I wish to bring the above to the attention of Mr. Lim Liu, Chong Hua President / CEO
(can anyone pls help with this?)

Cheers,
RonW.

josv

Citaat van: Kano op dinsdag 12 april 2011, 03:29:11
Onze ambassade niet  :negatief:

Daar ben ik het niet mee eens ! Mocht er bij de NL ambassade op dit gebied ondersteuning gezocht worden dan gaat er volgens mij een email naar iedereen in hun bestand !!
Het land zal altijd groener zijn aan de andere kant van de heuvel....

Kano

Ja Jos, men stuurt dan wel een email, maar men heeft dus geen bestand met potentiele bloeddonoren die rechtstreeks benaderd kunnen worden in geval van calamiteiten. Het mooiste zou zijn als men zelfs al weet welke Nederlanders welke bloedgroep hebben.

bananacreek

Op verzoek van de Col. Pierrevanwier

Waarschijnlijk is daar nog geen verandering in gekomen zover ik dat begrijp