Locked Up Abroad 2011- Philippines- Forbidden Love

Gestart door Luc, woensdag 4 januari 2012, 23:15:37

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

Luc

Briton David Scott tells the story of finding his soulmate in the Philippines - and risking a 14-year prison sentence for adultery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YorEeHFsSVM

[yt=640,505]YorEeHFsSVM[/yt]
There is a sucker born every minute! Only now they found the internet.

boldy

pff jesus wat een verhaal zeg . ze hebben mzzl dat ze konden ontsnappen maar zei heeft daar tog een grote prijs voor moeten betalen , je kinders en familie niet meer kenne zien en je thuisland .

ontroerend verhaal en zo zie je dat je echt echt moet kijken daar .
het leven is net een lul keihard en veel te kort

Pjottr

Ik ben er stil van Zo zie je maar het is hier niet zo eenvoudig.  Ik vraag me af hoeveel buitenlanders beseffen in welke gevaren zone zij zich begeven hier
als je onvoorbereid naar hier komt.
Ben blij voor deze mensen en hoop voor haar dat ze ooit haar kids kan zien.
Hopelijk worden al die oude Middeleeuwse wetten hier nog eens gemoderniseerd want  het slaat echt nergens op Los van het moorden door politiemensen.
Inderdaad je leven is hier geen duppie waard.Maar waar wel?
As `t net kin sa`t it moat, dan moat it mar sa`t it kin.

Kano

Tjonge jonge wat een avontuur. Gelukkig nog goed afgelopen. En de ex had ook nog wat met de kinderen en de familie van de vrouw kunnen doen, wat gelukkig niet is gebeurd.
Wat ik niet begrijp is dat Cynthia wist hoe jaloers en wraakzuchtig haar echtgenoot was en zij wist ook dat adultery strafbaar is. Waarom dan niet een annullment geregeld?
En zou zij ook een fake visum hebben gehad, anders kom je toch het land niet uit of Engeland binnen?
Daar waar de regenboog eindigt daar zal ik nooit komen totdat ik daar ooit zal zijn

Pjottr

Is het niet zo dat Filipinos voor Thailand geen visum nodig hebben of deze heel makkelijk kunnen bekomen?
Ze zal via de Britse Ambassade in Bankok wel een tijdelijk visum hebben gehad
Ik ben nog steeds onder indruk en realiseer me maar weer opnieuw dat dit land niet te vertrouwen is ondanks de kerk en het geloof.Het stelt allemaal geen reet voor.
Dus Advies: Never shit  in je eigen achtertuin en als dat dan toch wil doe het dan ergens heel verweg.of beter...... hou je maar gewoon bijje eigen man.
Ze heeft geluk gehad maar het had ook heel anders uit kunnen pakken.
Excuses voor de soms krasse taal
As `t net kin sa`t it moat, dan moat it mar sa`t it kin.

Luc

Dit is een krantenartikel van 21 april 2008

David Scott and Cynthia Delfino are fighting to keep their new family together

A British man told of his dramatic escape from the Philippines with his girlfriend and baby daughter after the couple were threatened with seven years in prison for adultery. David Scott, 36, is now in Thailand and is petitioning the British government to let the whole family come to the UK.

However, he has been told that because his Filipina girlfriend was still married when their daughter was born, the child is not legally his.

When Mr Scott met Cynthia Villamor, 29, through an internet chatroom, she was living in Abu Dhabi and had been separated from her husband for three years.

She became pregnant with their daughter, Janina, when he visited her in April last year and she immediately tried to end her marriage. However, the devoutly Catholic Philippines does not allow divorce and Miss Villamor's husband, Noriel Delfino, withdrew permission for an annulment when he found out his wife was dating a foreigner.

He then demanded £7,000 for "loss of face".

When the couple refused to pay up, armed police - and Mr Delfino - stormed their home in Caloocan, north of the capital Manila. They spent the New Year in a filthy jail, and had to bribe officials to be granted bail.

Janina was born weeks later and, with Mr Scott facing re-arrest, he decided that the family's only option was to flee the country. Miss Villamor said: "It's so good to be free at last, but our future is still uncertain. "I have to throw myself on the mercy of the British government to be with our baby."

Mr Scott added: "Now at last I can fight without my hands tied to bring my daughter home." The plasterer, from Swindon, said that when he flew out to see his girlfriend at the end of last year, he was overjoyed at the prospect of becoming a father. But on December 30, the authorities came after the couple.

"Our house was surrounded and all the police had drawn weapons on us. They charged us and put us in a large cell with scores of others. It was filthy and rats would come and go as they pleased. Three days later we were eventually offered bail of about £150, but we had to pay over £1,000 under the table just to get it. I could see this case was not about right or wrong. It was about who could make money."

He added: "As soon as we got out of sight we just ran. We were in contact with the embassy by phone. We lived rough in a derelict house and some nights in a banana plantation, cooking over a wood fire. We were terrified of being re-arrested."

Mr Scott's call to the embassy confirmed the seriousness of the case. Officials told him that even though he was Janina's father, the law said the child belonged to Mr Delfino.

But after Mr Scott took up the case with his MP, Anne Snelgrove, the embassy said that if he could provide DNA tests witnessed by embassy officials, then Janina could obtain British citizenship. However, this could take eight months and there were only days left before he faced re-arrest.

It was then the couple managed to get on a plane to Bangkok. Miss Villamor said: "We did not get out a day too soon. On the day we left we heard at the airport that police had issued another warrant for our arrest because my husband had taken a second case of adultery against us both."

Today the couple will go to a hospital in Bangkok for DNA tests to prove that Mr Scott is the father of Janina. Once that is confirmed, they can apply for a British passport for her and Mr Scott hopes that the whole family will one day be able to live together in Britain.

His mother, Anne Scott, 60, said yesterday: "I'm so glad they are safe now from bullying officials."

- Daily Mail (UK) (today)
There is a sucker born every minute! Only now they found the internet.

Cees

Citaat van: Kano op zaterdag  7 januari 2012, 03:55:24
Tjonge jonge wat een avontuur. Gelukkig nog goed afgelopen. En de ex had ook nog wat met de kinderen en de familie van de vrouw kunnen doen, wat gelukkig niet is gebeurd.
Wat ik niet begrijp is dat Cynthia wist hoe jaloers en wraakzuchtig haar echtgenoot was en zij wist ook dat adultery strafbaar is. Waarom dan niet een annullment geregeld?
En zou zij ook een fake visum hebben gehad, anders kom je toch het land niet uit of Engeland binnen?

Is idd nogal een story maar zij had beter moeten weten en eerst scheiding moeten regelen, ik zou wel willen weten wat haar familie er voor hobby's er op na houd als ik zag wat er aan wapens tevoorschijn kwam en die woonde ook niet goedkoop.
Zij heeft voor Thailand geen visum nodig en ze hebben vanuit daar eerst het kind op zijn naam gezet en toen voor haar een visum voor UK gevraagd.
Maar terug gaan zit er denk niet in al zou alles officieel geregeld worden er is nog altijd die malloot van een ex.

gr.Cees
Je hoeft niet altijd geluk te hebben, als je maar geen pech heb

Baron

Ik ben heel open: ik verberg niet dat ik iets te verbergen heb.
Mijn bijdragen zijn ter algemene lering en vermaak.
Laat je niet gek maken en maak vooral jezelf niet gek!
Baron, aka ... Baron van Munchhuizen, Baron in Barong, Baron Biero (= grapje).