Nieuws:

eTRAVEL CARD via https://etravel.gov.ph

Hoofdmenu

* DAVID AND GOLIATH

Gestart door bananacreek, woensdag 25 april 2012, 14:50:21

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

bananacreek

Last week I opened a "Pandora's Box". No less than two Philippine government agencies and a Philippine Congressman descended on my narrow butt. Even my best Filipino friend turned on me.

My initial agenda was to have my editor talk quietly to the people behind the artificial reef project and have them do some additional research before they had an ecological disaster on their hands.

Instead, my research ended up in my column and brought about a firestorm.

I have been encouraged to "fight back". I am supposed to fight these powerful Filipino politicians, who are protecting their reputations and the money they have already spent, by discrediting me. I have been encouraged to take the fight to the Filipino people. It is silly to even think I could lead a second EDSA against the power structure here, especially over an abstract issue like the future destruction of the ecology/fishing industry. No matter what I or the people think or want, that just "ain't" going to happen.

FIRST, this is not my place as a guest here in the Philippines. As a foreigner, I have no chance to win this "war". Even if overwhelming facts support me, I am an outsider and many will side against me for that reason alone.

SECOND, why should I fight? If Filipinos do not care about the destruction of their ecology, the destruction of their fishing industry, why should I? When disaster strikes, I can take my family to America. More probably when disaster strikes, I will be dead. It will be my grandchildren who will suffer.

I mentioned I knew a safe and ecologically friendly way to create artificial reefs. Did these powerful politicians and agencies ask me how? No, instead, they attacked and tried to destroy my credibility. Obviously, their agenda is not creating ecological friendly reefs but to protect themselves and their program.

YOU WIN. A good soldier knows when the battle is lost. I am outgunned and outmanned. When those tires wash upon Mindanao, when they destroy coral reefs just as they have every other place this has been tried, remember, I tried to warn you.

source: http://www.negroschronicle.com/

bananacreek

Dat had je kunnen weten Joop....zelfs je editor zit niet zo op met blanken...en kiest zijn eigen bloed.... :lachen: :lachen:

Wie met vuur speelt?................... :shoot13lj7: :shoot13lj7: :shoot13lj7:

Kojak in de Why Not restaurant

And his friends and William Mott is nu dood en die had mij belazerd in 2003 want die zou mij een verklaring geven betreffende het huis wat hij van mij huurde, maar heeft me laten zitten............. :ripba8:

http://www.dgtemadman.com/Friends_Too.htm

Eugene & Davis, Gary & Rosel zijn vriendelijke Amerikanen en Australians en de rest ken ik van gezicht, maar John (van Bambi) zeer vriendelijk maar ik dacht dat hij ook gestorven was (waarschijnlijk doodgedronken)

So far for the tjissmiss van vandaag.... :hoedjeaf:

bananacreek

Ik heb het stukje nu beter gelezen en vind toch dat Kojak geen lafaard is want hij neemt weer een risico hier.

"Zijn beste  :smiley-philippines: vriend" is waarschijnlijk de editor himself en die was ook op de crematie van JFK.

Die man haat mij en dat heeft te doen met de brand van de public market in 1983 toen ik de brandweer hielp om te voorkomen dat Holy Child Hospital ook zou afbranden.

Toen adviseerde ik om ALLE deuren en ramen te sluiten om de "trek" te verminderen en hij was het daar niet mee eens.... :neeneenee:
Maar toch werd het advies van een Klootzak opgevolgd..... :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :lachen:

Normaal dachten de blanken hier dat Kojak een soort "hielenlikker" van de  :smiley-philippines: was maar nu komt hij toch wel recht door zee vind ik.. :thumb: :thumb:

Wat je goed hebt gedaan voor mensen dat "vergeten" ze vaak, maar als je ooit tegenwind laat zien dan ben je het geschoren schaap om zomaar te zeggen... :jajaja: :lachen: