5 killed, 18 injured in Bukidnon road mishap

Gestart door Ronny55, dinsdag 16 december 2014, 02:46:08

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

Ronny55

5 killed, 18 injured in Bukidnon road mishap

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

INJURED passengers of a vehicular accident at Sitio Balaon in Talakag, Bukidnon on December 14 are seeking for financial assistance from the company that owns the products loaded to a trailer truck whose container van fell off after it negotiated a curve in the area.

Police report showed the trailer truck was on a descent on a curve when the container van it was carrying got detached and fell on the left side down and hit the approaching passenger jeepney.

Three died on the spot while the two others died when they reached the hospital. Eighteen were injured.

The driver of the trailer truck surrendered himself to the police and is now detained at Lumbia Police Station.

Arnel Muñoz, the 21-year-old son of Lito Muñoz who has injury on his head, is crying for help for his father who has remained unconscious and confined at JR Borja General Hospital.

"My father is a sikad driver here in Cagayan de Oro. He was heading back to Talakag when the accident happened and we were informed at 8 pm, we really don't know what to do because we have no money, I don't have a job and I'm addressing this call to Dole Philippines (Stanfilco), to help us, we are now hopeless, I've been to the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) to ask for assistance but I got nothing. I hope Dole will hear us," Arnel said.

Emma Sabugaa, 53, along with her husband, Florencio Sabugaa, 60, and daughter Emmaflor Sabugaa, 25, have survived the accident but are all injured and confined also at JRBGH.

Emma said she doesn't know where to get the money they need to pay the bills and buy the medicines because her husband and daughter are also admitted at the hospital.

Her husband, who has diabetes, is suffering an injury on the right side of his eye and deep cuts on his left hand. Her daughter, Emmaflor, has a deep cut on her left cheek. Emma also has cuts on her face and she couldn't walk properly.

"We are very lucky, my husband, daughter and I were sitting at the right side of the jeepney, I haven't noticed the container van because I was checking my bag to get money for our fare, and when I lifted my head, passengers were already screaming, my daughter has gone to the center part of the jeepney beside the woman who died-on-the-spot, and my husband was thrown outside of the jeepney," Emma recalled.

Bron: http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cagayan-de-oro/local-news/2014/12/16/5-killed-18-injured-bukidnon-road-mishap-382235

Dat zie je hier meer , vrachtwagens met de container onvoldoende vastgemaakt tot zelfs er los op...
Alles gaat, zelfs kiekens gaan en die hebben hun knieën vanachter .
Het komt er niet op aan WAT je kent maar WIE je kent.