Nieuws:

eTRAVEL CARD via https://etravel.gov.ph

Hoofdmenu

Busongeval in Sablan, Benguet

Gestart door Kano, woensdag 18 augustus 2010, 06:05:57

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

Mawibata

Giving a gift engenders gratitude. Giving many gifts engenders expectation.

Fail_over

Citaat van: Robert op woensdag 18 augustus 2010, 17:53:43
is het niet zo een probleem,

36 uur van Manilla naar Tacloban, Naar Billiran. De bergen zijn niet het enigste probleem, het overhalen van een andere bus die 95 km/pu rijdt met 96 km/pu geeft vaak ook problemen. Vaak meegemaakt dat ze de snelheid en situatie totaal niet in kunnen schatten.
Er worden capriolen uitgehaald dat getuigt van totaal geen verantwoordelijkheidsgevoel voor al de passagiers, kippen enz.

No bus for me, ever.  :neeneenee:
Het is niet dat je in de rivier valt dat je verdrinkt, het is dat je niet meer boven komt......

ganda

Heb één keer de bus van Manila naar Baguio genomen... ben met het vliegtuig terug gekeerd.

opinie

Citaat van: ganda op woensdag 18 augustus 2010, 18:38:51
Heb één keer de bus van Manila naar Baguio genomen... ben met het vliegtuig terug gekeerd.

Heen met de air-con-bus, terug met de air-con-bus.  :biggrinn:

Bergritten zijn een geval apart. Zolang er 2 x 2 vakken zijn valt inhalen op "vlak" terrein nog mee.
Alhoewel, je moet maat in een auto zitten met een chauffeur die lekker rustig rijdt (of was het omdat de motor niet beter kon  :denk: ) en volgens de  :smiley-philippines: verkeerswet (gebaseerd op de Amerikaanse) netjes de regel "hold your lane" respecteert. Hij rijdt dus op het tweede vak en op het eerste vak vliegen bussen en vrachtwagens toeterend voorbij. Reken daarbij dat op het eerste vak ook tricycles &co rijden dan kun je voorstellen dat je geen tweede keer met die persoon mee wil. Dan liever in de bus want bij een ongeval zal je meer kansen hebben dan in een auto. Kwestie dat bij een ongeval tussen auto en bus, de auto net zoveel kansen heeft als een colablik.
Homo doctus in se semper divitias habet.
Phædrus

Fail_over

We zijn dus ook met het vliegtuig teruggegaan.  :daag:  :benweg:    Nooit meer met de bus.

Dat was echt een "try before you die". T'was bijna uitlokking!  :crazy:
Het is niet dat je in de rivier valt dat je verdrinkt, het is dat je niet meer boven komt......

Kano

Aquino says 'faulty brakes' explanation in bus crash lame

Philippine Daily Inquirer 08/19/2010

MANILA, Philippines -- The country's public transportation industry would be placed under serious scrutiny, President Aquino told reporters a day after a bus fell off a cliff in Benguet province and killed 41 of its passengers.

The Chief Executive isn't convinced that defective breaks were entirely to blame for the tragedy.

"I was asking both the Highway Patrol Group and also the (Land Transportation Office) to expedite the investigation to find out what actually transpired," Aquino told reporters in a chance interview at a car show in Pasay City on Thursday.

"Faulty mechanical breaks really seems such a lame excuse to me," he added.

The President said he wants the two agencies to look into the readiness of public transport drivers, the road-worthiness of public utility vehicles and even the safety of the country's roads.

"I want to study how thorough the inspection process now for all of these transports and also the driving skills. In fact, I want to study the entire industry and find out what can be done to improve that particular situation beforehand," Aquino said.
He indicated that he would patiently wait for the findings of the police and the LTO so that the safety issues concerning the public transport industry would be addressed even if through legislation.

"We really want to find out how this can be minimized to the greatest extent possible. My style is not to pressure those who are investigating so they can come up with (true) findings," Aquino said.

"So I'm waiting for the results from both agencies to determine what is needed, be it legislation, be it a better design for our roads, even better education for our drivers," he added.

Aquino said there were also a good number of road accidents in Cebu before and the government found out that there was a "lack of adherence to standards in road construction."

He said these have been corrected immediately after their discovery by the Department of Public Works and Highways.

"With regard to this latest accident (in Benguet), you want to determine the problem to be able to come up with appropriate solution," Aquino said.

Aquino said Naguilian Road, from which the bus veered off and fell into a ravine, isn't a very steep road.

"(And) a professional driver who undertakes that route would, we'd hope, be a master of that particular route but how do you explain such an accident? Of course, we grieve for everybody who (figured in the accident)," Aquino said.
Daar waar de regenboog eindigt daar zal ik nooit komen totdat ik daar ooit zal zijn