Oproep ambassade : Belgians living in North Luzon

Gestart door Mawibata, vrijdag 9 oktober 2009, 16:42:27

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

Mawibata

Dear compatriots,

Until 9 PM tonight the embassy has been trying to reach fellow citizens in North Luzon in order to hear from them if they were OK.

Most of our efforts, unfortunately, have proven useless because of the fact that the area's where most of our citizens are living and that are pummeled by the heavy rains and the landslides are in Benguet, La Trinidad, Pangasinan and Baguio are now cut off from the landline telephone connection or the lines are too busy to get through.

Another problem I ran into is the fact that a lot of our Belgians seem to have changed mobile phone numbers and never informed us, or never informed us of any mobile phone number at all.

We will have to stop now for the night.

What I would like to ask is the following:

* If anyone living up North receives this email, PLS let us know if you are alright.
   * If you know of any Belgians living near you and you have reliable information about them, PLS let us know also.
   * Even if you are not living in North Luzon and you have reliable information about Belgians you know who live there, PLS let us know.

I appreciate your help very much and our thoughts go out to all the families of our Filipino hosts touched by this still unfolding drama.

I will monitor this email address again tomorrow morning and all through the weekend.

Thank you for your help.

Tel:+ (63) (2) 845.18.69
Fax:+ (63) (2) 845.20.76
manila@diplobel.fed.be

Sincerely,

René PEETERS

Consul of Belgium

Deputy Head of Mission

Embassy of Belgium MANILA

www.diplomatie.be/manila

Giving a gift engenders gratitude. Giving many gifts engenders expectation.

Amice

:thumb:
De nederlandse ambassade deed helemaal niets toen/nu manila blank stond/staat, of ze nu wel aktie ondernemen voor de nederlanders in het noorden zou me 100% meevallen.

Die email zou naar de NL ambassade gestuurd moeten worden, liefst ingelijst.

Er is ook geen electriciteit dus de batterijen kunnen niet opgeladen worden en zijn uiteraard snel  leeg in deze noodsituatie.
Ik kan ook geen contact krijgen met Pangasinan en Ilocos.
Aan dit bericht kunnen geen rechten worden ontleent

Mawibata

Citaat van: Amice op zaterdag 10 oktober 2009, 03:19:07
:thumb:
De nederlandse ambassade deed helemaal niets toen/nu manila blank stond/staat, of ze nu wel aktie ondernemen voor de nederlanders in het noorden zou me 100% meevallen.

Die email zou naar de NL ambassade gestuurd moeten worden, liefst ingelijst.

Wat betreft  informatie hebben we over de Heer Peeters zeker geen klagen   :thumb:      :thumb:

Giving a gift engenders gratitude. Giving many gifts engenders expectation.