Het gevecht tussen Pacquiao en Cotto

Gestart door joselito, zaterdag 14 november 2009, 20:56:39

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

joselito

Telkens als Pacuiano een gevecht levert daalt het aantal misdaden op deze dag enorm. Iedere Filipijn is aan zijn beeldscherm gekluisterd en heeft geen tijd voor andere zaken.
Zelfs gekidnapte mensen kunnen worden vrijgelaten zoals het onderstaande bewijst  :thumb:

Kidnapped Irish priest Fr. Michael Sinnott said his abductors wanted him released before Sunday's fight of Filipino boxing champ Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao with Puerto Rican Miguel Cotto.

Sinnott made this revelation in an article posted on the Catholic Bishops' Conference of the Philippines (CBCP) website.

"Your freedom is our freedom. We don't want to be here for a long time too. And we want to watch Pacquiao's fight," he said recalling his conversation with his kidnappers.

Aside from the desire to watch the bout between Pacquiao and Cotto, Sinnott said his abductors also find it hard to take care of him.

"With my age and condition, they really don't want to hold me longer. I am old, and I had a hard time walking," he said.

The 79-year-old priest said he was held in "very primitive" conditions in two areas, one a swampy area "with mud all around us."

Sinnott said he had also been kept in the jungle and at one point was forced to walk for around eight hours through the mountains.

The priest was freed before dawn yesterday, declaring himself in good health and eager to continue his missionary work in Pagadian City where he was abducted on October 11.

His captors had demanded a $2 million ransom for his freedom.

But Society of Saint Columban Order to which Fr. Sinnott belongs, the Philippine authorities and the Irish government said no ransom was paid.

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/229575/fr-sinnott-freed-enable-kidnappers-watch-pacquiao-fight