Nieuws:

eTRAVEL CARD via https://etravel.gov.ph

Hoofdmenu

Luchtvaartnieuws / binnen en buitenland.

Gestart door Rich, woensdag 7 april 2010, 21:22:11

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

Kano

More tourists seen with Phl aviation's rating upgrade

By Mayen Jaymalin (The Philippine Star) | Updated March 6, 2013

MANILA, Philippines - With the lifting of the Significant Safety Concerns (SSC) rating on the Philippine aviation industry, more foreign tourists would be coming to the country, the Department of Tourism (DOT) said yesterday.

Achieving the government's target of luring 10 million foreign tourist by 2016 is now almost certain because of the upgrade.

"The development will certainly make the country more competitive and contribute tremendously in achieving the 10 million target by 2016," the DOT said.

The DOT said the government is now readying to implement key reforms to push and sustain the growth in the country's tourism industry.

After a safety audit last February, the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) finally lifted the SSC issued on the Philippines five years ago.

The DOT said the lifting of the SSC is one of the crucial steps that will lead to increased flights to and from the Philippines.
Headlines ( Article MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch: 1

"Local carriers can soon mount flights to long haul markets like the United States and Europe, thus foreign and local tourists can travel to the country with greater confidence," the DOT said.

The DOT said the government has shown its commitment in ensuring that travel is more fun in the Philippines as it takes action to resolve the deficiencies noted by ICAO.

The DOT congratulated the other government agencies, including the Department of Transportation and Communications and the Civil Aviation Authority of the Phulippines, for their tireless efforts in boosting the image of the Philippines as a safe destination.

Source: http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2013/03/06/916301/more-tourists-seen-phl-aviations-rating-upgrade
Daar waar de regenboog eindigt daar zal ik nooit komen totdat ik daar ooit zal zijn

Ronny55

Alles gaat, zelfs kiekens gaan en die hebben hun knieën vanachter .
Het komt er niet op aan WAT je kent maar WIE je kent.

Kano

Make-uples voor stewards

6 maart 2013

Mannelijke grondstewards van Korean Air hebben vorige maand tijdens een make-up workshop geleerd hoe ze zich voor hun werk moeten optutten......

Lees verder: http://www.telegraaf.nl/reiskrant/21356076/__Make-uples_voor_stewards__.html
Daar waar de regenboog eindigt daar zal ik nooit komen totdat ik daar ooit zal zijn

Kano

PAL shelves plans for $6-B airport

ABS-CBNnews.com
Posted at 03/06/2013

MANILA, Philippines - Philippine Airlines is shelving its plans for a $6 billion international airport, which was supposed to be an alternative to the congested Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA).

PAL president and chief operating officer Ramon S. Ang said the proposed airport project was supposed to have been presented to President Benigno Aquino last month.

He said PAL is waiting for the Aquino government to have a clear policy before it presents its plans for an airport. "I'm just waiting for everyone else to put their cards down. That is when we will present this to the national government," he said.

PAL, jointly owned by tycoon Lucio Tan and San Miguel Corp. (SMC), had earlier proposed to build an airport, but did not specify the location.

Ang also criticized the government for putting restrictions on companies with interests in airlines and airline-related business from bidding for the Mactan-Cebu international airport project.

Under the revised guidelines, "if the prospective bidder is a consortium and any consortium member or such consortium members' affiliates is an airline-related entity, then such consortium member cannot own or be proposed to own more than 33 percent if the total equity in such consortium."

"If there is more than one consortium member that is an airline-related entity, then such consortium members cannot own or be proposed to own an aggregate of more than 33 percent total equity in such corporation," the guidelines stated.

"If you want the best deal, you let everyone bid. That's what you call transparent. If you want to be transparent, you have to let everyone join because it will maximize the potential of the project," Ang said.

Ang said there are several countries that already have a multi-airport system. "Is it a good idea for a Filipino company to build something? Our project can co-exist with NAIA and the Clark international airport. I cannot understand the 33 percent restriction," he said.

Source: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/business/03/06/13/pal-shelves-plans-6-b-airport

Kano

Foreign airlines to add flights to PH following tax breaks

ABS-CBNnews.com
Posted at 03/07/2013

MANILA, Philippines -  A number of international carriers are already looking at increasing flight frequencies or adding routes to the Philippines this year after the government removed taxes slapped on foreign airlines, according to the Philippine Travel Agencies Association (PTAA).

John Paul Cabalza, PTAA president, said in a statement Cathay Pacific, Delta Airlines, Etihad, KLM, Kuwait Airlines, Lufthansa/Swiss Airlines, Qatar Airlines, and Singapore Airlines are expected to expand operations to the Philippines this year.

This came after President Benigno C. Aquino III signed into law the lifting of the common carriers' tax and the gross Philippine billing tax slapped on foreign airlines.

"The travel industry has long waited for the scrapping of the Common Carriers Tax and Gross Philippine Billing Tax," Cabalza said in a statement.

"This will definitely boost the Philippine tourism industry as unnecessary barriers to entry into the country have been removed," he said.

Both taxes, which amount to a total of 5.5% over gross receipts of the carriers, have discouraged the increase of flights to the Philippines and have even resulted in a decrease in the number of frequencies to the country.

Cabalza said that projected revenue losses of the government due to the scrapping of said taxes will be replaced by profits from the tourism sector.

"The law aims to attract foreign carriers to operate more flights to and from the Philippines, helping boost tourist arrivals," he explained.

At present, PTAA said there are only six million seats available on about 369 weekly flights to the Philippines.

Source: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/business/03/07/13/foreign-airlines-add-flights-ph-following-tax-breaks

innka3

en worden de tickets nu ook goedkoper  :confused2: als ze weer rechtstreeks vliegen  :hoedjeaf:

vvjoris

Citaat van: innka3 op donderdag  7 maart 2013, 13:37:51
en worden de tickets nu ook goedkoper  :confused2: als ze weer rechtstreeks vliegen  :hoedjeaf:

Rechtstreeks of niet, dat heeft geen enkel belang voor de prijs ...

Airlines hebben erg mysterieuze prijssettings. Op dit moment is bijvoorbeeld met Malaysian van Parijs naar Manila vliegen goedkoper dan Parijs - Kuala Lumpur, terwijl er voor Parijs Manila overgestapt wordt in Kuala Lumpur.
Ik blijf trouw aan mijn roots en principes, en pas me aan waar nodig of wenselijk, waar ik het vanuit mijn hart kan doen, en ik verwacht van anderen hetzelfde.

Johan En Elvie

Ja prijzen op vliegtuigen kunnen nogal verschillen.
Wat ik weet dat invloed heeft op de prijs is het volgende.
Als je kan vertrekken ergens midden in de week in plaats van op vrijdag of het weekend is het goedkoper.
Als je dan ook nog eens rond de middag kunt vertrekken is het nog goedkoper.
Als je boekt tijdens de vroegboek periode ergens in januari is het ook goedkoper.
Als je natuurlijk niet tijdens de vakantieperiode moet gaan is het ook goedkoper.
Maar zelfs als je in de vakantieperiode gaat en je neemt bovenstaande punten in acht dan kan het ook nog beneden de 1000 euro in de peikperiode.

Wij hebben geboekt in januari en gaan van 18 juli tot 13 augustus en betalen 931 euro per persoon (2 personen)
met Thai airlines van brussel naar bangkok en manila (zelfde route terug)

Zelf zoeken op internet naar tickets kan helpen maar niet altijd.
Sites zoals cheap tickets, goedkope vluchen en zo meer zijn daarom niet altijd de goedkoopste hoor, zelfs voor dezelfde tickets kan je nog goedkoper boeken als je wat uitkijkt.

Wij hebben gewoon naar JOKER gebeld met de eenvoudige vraag om ons 3 offertes door te sturen voor rond die periode en we kregen dit netjes in de mailbox.
We hebben de tussenprijs gekozen met thai omdat de goedkoopste te lange wachttijden had en daardoor zelfs moesten overnachten en dan kwam het nog veel duurder uit.
De goedkoopste prijs is daarom ook niet altijd de beste oplossing, comfort speelt ook een grote rol.

Wat rechtstreeks vliegen betreft, dat is nog eens comfort se zelfs al is dit dan iets duurder maar je bent veel vlugger op je bestemming heeft ook voordelen.
Balik Bayan Box "Door to door service"-www.balikbayan.be
Wij zenden uw dozen naar de Filippijnen.-We send your boxes to the Philippines.

Cosyns Guy

Opgepikt van facebook,diefstal op het vliegtuig.

Sharing this story from a passenger who rode an airline going to HK. This can happen on any airline going to any destination. These are very hard times for a lot of people!!!

"I would like to draw your attention to an attempted robbery on a flight into Hong Kong last week. With an hour to go, during the flight, I thought I noticed my bag being replaced in the overhead locker. I wasn't sure and decided it was probably a fellow passenger, moving it to access their own bag.

I dismissed any thought of any wrong doing, but upon arrival in HK, something told to me to retrieve the bag, just to make sure nothing suspicious had occurred. When I opened the overhead locker (not above me) and saw my leather bag was the only one occupying the space I knew there was a problem. I examined the content, only to find all of my wife's jewellery, along with some cash had been stolen, during the flight.

I raised the alarm and my wife and I quickly blocked both aisles to stop anyone at the back of the plane disembarking....there were around 120 passengers....

My wife and I both shouted for assistance from the stewards and stewardesses. Eventually a steward told me that security had been called but passengers were becoming very agitated and unwilling to show patience or understanding....they just wanted to get off the plane....my wife and I were the only people controlling the passengers.

I pleaded with the passengers to check their own bags at which point three fellow travellers reported they had also been robbed. It was only at this point, did I see any evidence from the cabin crew that they were willing to provide any meaningful support.

I vaguely remember seeing a passenger wearing black, sporting a white base-ball cap and pleaded with the rest of the passengers to see if they could remember anyone fitting my description.
It turned out to be a passenger standing in front of me, who once identified proceeded to offload money, jewelry, camera equipment and false documents, running into tens of thousand, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of stolen goods.

By this time security had boarded the plane, the Captain had been informed and was standing in the rear section watching the events unfold.

Eventually a policeman boarded the plane and I was able to explain the events leading up to my apprehending the thief. I have since been informed this criminal activity is reaching epidemic proportions and the authorities caught three thieves, just last week, (with 30 already on remand since early December) on flights into HK, with all the criminals coming from the same town in China.

It is estimated that only 5% are being caught judging by the reports of passengers contacting the police after they have arrived at their destination.

They sit in the back row of the plane observing where bags are behind or away from the passengers and systematically pull them from the overhead lockers, while passengers rest or watch movies, take them to the back of the plane and steal any valuable contents.

They prey on foreign airlines as the penalties are so lenient, the pay-off makes it worth the risk.

I naively have never thought of robbers operating on planes, but now I have experienced it first hand, there are a few takeaways:

1. Hand luggage should ALWAYS be locked.
2. Do not assume luggage under your seat is safe....last week one passenger had her purse stolen by the guy sitting next to her while she slept !!
3. If in doubt, wear or keep any valuables ON YOU at all times !!
4. Don't assume, like me, that everyone on a flight is a law-abiding citizen.
5. Do not assume business class travel is secure....robbers can be wealthy.

Ketelbinkie

Misschien tijd dat maatschappijen er toe over kunnen gaan een afsluitbare ruimte te creëren waar men als passagier zijn waardevolle spullen tijdens de vlucht kan opbergen om die bij aankomst weer ontvangst te kunnen nemen. Of de maatschappijen daar zin in hebben, is weer ander verhaal maar valt niet te ontkennen dat als sommige lieden tot georganiseerde diefstal over gaan maatregelen moeten worden getroffen dit zoveel als mogelijk zien te voorkomen.
De veiligheid in een vliegtuig is, lijkt mij althans, niet enkel van toepassing op de passagiers zelf maar even zo goed op hun bezittingen.