Hoofdmenu

Registreren SIM kaart

Gestart door Bjorna145, dinsdag 3 januari 2023, 23:34:23

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

folkertjong

Paar antwoorden van een youtube video over foreigners sim registratie:

Jester CJ7
3 months ago
I just got back from there, and my phone's sim card from the USA worked fine, yes I was in roaming and it cost a LOT more but it worked. But newer phones like mine don't need a sim card to work, instead you can use a E-sim. I added a E-sim and got just data only with no problem

Ray Mahannah
3 months ago
I have Verizon, and use the international plan when I come over to the Philippines. My phone works anywhere... This is confusing since my phone is on a plan through Verizon in the US... Verizon wouldn't let my SIM be registered there and controlled there... Doesn't seem like this law was thought through very well...

Sapphire Sphinx
3 months ago
If you're a tourist just use your own SIM card don't buy Philippine SIM card just connect to messenger or Telegram to contact your friends and relatives,if you only stay in Philippines for a few weeks.

AlexTheLion
3 months ago
You could also just buy an esim if your phone supports it before you even arrive in the Philippines

cory jackson
3 months ago
I just use my phone carrier from the US when traveling so no need for a sim. It's better that family has my number and any business issues they can reach me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfp_7Q7uJ0c

Kano

Lijst van mobieltjes die e-sim ondersteunen kun je hier vinden

https://esim.holafly.com/how-to/esim-phones/
Daar waar de regenboog eindigt daar zal ik nooit komen totdat ik daar ooit zal zijn

Guadalupe

Ik had eerst mijn prepaid laten registreren maar toen werd me verteld dat dat maar een maand geldig is,daarna vervald het nummer.Ook voor balikbayan.
Als ik hier 6 maanden verblijf is dat elke maand een ander nummer,zeer onhandig.
Heb nu een postpaid abonnement genomen,wel knap duurder maar nummer behoud wel zo handig als je gcash gebruikt.
Wie lacht niet wie de mens beziet.

Pinocchio

Samen met mijn vrouw (beiden Balikbayan en telkens 6 maand in de Filippijnen) hebben wij zonder enige moeite onze simkaart geregistreerd.
Ik moet er wel bijzeggen dat we die sim al voor vele jaren in gebruik hadden.
Het kan toch niet zo moeilijk zijn om met een lokale inwoner naar de mall te gaan en je kaart door die persoon te laten registreren?

Antonio

Citaat van: Pinocchio op zondag 16 april 2023, 14:43:38Samen met mijn vrouw (beiden Balikbayan en telkens 6 maand in de Filippijnen) hebben wij zonder enige moeite onze simkaart geregistreerd.
Het kan toch niet zo moeilijk zijn om met een lokale inwoner naar de mall te gaan en je kaart door die persoon te laten registreren?
Bedoel je een NL of een PH SIM kaart ?
Lokale bewoner hoeft niet, dat is mijn vrouw en ik...
Als je achteraf alles vooraf anders doet als dat je gedaan zou hebben blijft het resultaat hetzelfde

Pinocchio

Citaat van: Antonio op maandag 17 april 2023, 14:23:02
Citaat van: Pinocchio op zondag 16 april 2023, 14:43:38Samen met mijn vrouw (beiden Balikbayan en telkens 6 maand in de Filippijnen) hebben wij zonder enige moeite onze simkaart geregistreerd.
Bedoel je een NL of een PH SIM kaart ?
Lokale bewoner hoeft niet, dat is mijn vrouw en ik...
Filippijnse simkaarten.
Mijn vrouw heeft de dubbele nationaliteit, Belgisch en Filippijns paspoort. Gewoon mijn en haar simkaart laten registreren met haar Filippijns paspoort.
Die wet schiet trouwens totaal zijn doel voorbij, Duterte heeft die trouwens tegengehouden toen hij nog President was.
Het echte probleem is immers dat een groot deel van de Filippinos geen identiteitsbewijs hebben en bijgevolg de simkaart niet kunnen registreren.

folkertjong

https://news.abs-cbn.com/video/news/04/18/23/supreme-court-asked-to-stop-sim-registration

MANILA – A group has asked the Supreme Court to issue a temporary restraining order on the implementation of a law that requires the registration of SIM cards.

The group Junk SIM Registration Network argued that the law violates freedom of expression and right to privacy.

The group's spokesperson Maded Batara III said the public is compelled to give government and telcos their phone numbers, name, and other personal information, with the risk that these could be harvested by criminals.

Those who fail to register their SIMs will "forever be silenced" and lose access to mobile services, which they rely on to communicate with family members, co-workers, and even doctors, he told ANC's Rundown.

Batara also noted that the SIM Card Registration Law could violate the right to unreasonable searches and seizures as it would provide a registry of phone numbers that the police or military can access with a subpoena.

"Some of our petitioners can attest to this, that police and the military can just unnecessarily harass people without even putting them through due process in order to make them give up the fight or maybe into scare them into not doing something. And allowing just normal police and military that access is dangerous," Batara said.

"We believe that it opens up avenues to the government actually intruding on the people's right to privacy, creating this so-called surveillance state where government can essentially see all your daily activities," he added.

President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. earlier said the law would regulate the issuance of SIM cards to curb the spread of spam text messages and scams.

But Batara argued, "If scams are the problem, then why not tackle the root cause of scams?"

"Why do people fall victims to scams in the first place? Is there enough education, is there enough insurance that the Data Privacy Act of 2012, which is supposed to protect our data, actually holds government institutions and private institutions accountable for any leaks with regards to the data that we give them?"

"That is the way to tackle scams, not over-broad provisions," he said.

folkertjong

Ok, laat maar weer dat registreren.

Doel was het tegengaan van online scams waar sim kaarten voor werden gebruikt.
 Net bekend geworden dat de PNP is gehackt.
Meer dan 1.000.000 files.

Alle informatie zoals paspoorten enz zijn nu in bezit van de hackers welke nu met die info gewoon weer sim kaarten kunnen registreren en verder scammen.

''Exposed records encompass highly sensitive data such as fingerprint scans, birth certificates, tax identification numbers, tax filing records, academic transcripts, and even passport copies.''

https://twitter.com/inquirerdotnet/status/1648687693700935680

https://twitter.com/tonyocruz/status/1648641454028505088

Kano

Het valt mij op dat ik nu meer SMS spam, hack en phishing berichten krijg dan voor de SIM registratie  :denk:  :ikkeniebegrijp:  :confused2:    :negatief:
Daar waar de regenboog eindigt daar zal ik nooit komen totdat ik daar ooit zal zijn

tjenn

Citaat van: Kano op donderdag 20 april 2023, 07:56:28Het valt mij op dat ik nu meer SMS spam, hack en phishing berichten krijg dan voor de SIM registratie  :denk:  :ikkeniebegrijp:  :confused2:    :negatief:
Idem, nog meer dan vroeger. :denk: